Success For All
Our Reading program is Success For All. Students are taught at their individual instructional level. Language Arts is included in our 90 minute block.
Each student will complete two book projects for the quarter. The guidelines for the first are below.
Nonfiction Project Due October 10, 2018
Read a nonfiction book on a topic that interests you and is on your Lexile level. Lexile levels can be checked on many websites including https://fab.lexile.com . If you need to check your book, ask your teacher and she can check it for you. Lexile levels should be as follows:
SFA 1: 500-850
SFA 2 & 3 600 and above
Choose one of the following ideas for your presentation; one that you haven't already done.
- Google slide presentation informing class on topic your book was about. (At least 6 slides)
- Poster informing class on topic your book was about.
- 3-D model and oral presentation about what your book was about. (diorama, demonstration, etc.)
- An informative paper about the topic with oral presentation of main facts. (2 pages typed, font 14)
- Compare the topic to another similar topic such as herbivore and carnivore or WWI and WWII. (2 pages typed, font 14)